R-U-Safe? | Buckinghamshire Young People's CSE and Missing Service
We work with children/young people living in Buckinghamshire aged between 10 to 18 years old (up to 21 years for those with learning difficulties) who are reported missing and also with those experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, sexual and/or criminal exploitation. Our holistic provision of support includes understanding the grooming process, recognising healthy relationships, keeping safe and exiting harmful relationships. We offer practical support such as advocacy and assistance in accessing sexual health services and other appointments. We work closely with partner agencies to ensure the needs of the young people we work with are met, according to their individual circumstances.
Our Service consists of three main streams of work:
- Missing – ‘Return Interviews’
- Exploitation one to one support (Sexual and Criminal)
- Exploitation Awareness and Prevention
Training and Prevention work
Our additional work includes Child Sexual Exploitation training, awareness-raising and prevention work, for which we have a dedicated worker able to deliver to both professionals and young people.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The School House, Hyde Heath, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP6 5RW
- Venue Notes
We also have use of Griffin Place, Griffin Lane, Aylesbury, HP19 8FE which is accessible for wheelchair users.
- Geographic Area Covered
- Buckinghamshire (excluding Milton Keynes)
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday | 9am to 5pm
- Time of day
- Cost Description
Training costs may apply
- Age Ranges
From 10 years to 18 years
and up to 21 years for those with learning difficulties
Wheelchair Accessible Entrance
Accessible Toilet Facilities
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals accepted via email only to email@example.com
We recommended encryption for added security. Please call or email if in need of referral form. See downloads for a copy of our referral form.
We do operate a waiting list, though aim to allocate referrals within a maximum of 8 weeks from receipt.
We strive to safeguard Buckinghamshire's children and young people from being sexually exploited and abused, regardless of background/ethnicity/ability/religion. Alongside our one to one work with vulnerable young people, we raise awareness with both children and professionals, to enhance early detection and prevention. We are also working closely with the council to raise awareness within local communities and among parents.
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
12 to 15
19 to 25
8 to 11
- Needs Level
- Sensory and Physical Needs
- All Needs Met
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- Cognition and Learning
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
General Local Offer Response
- What needs does your service or activity aim to meet for children and young people with SEND and their families?
Tailored resources to support the understanding of CSE risk and prevention.
- How can children and young people with SEND and their families start to use your service or activity?
- What training have your staff and/or volunteers received to support children and young people with SEND and their families?
Staff have received training around communicating with young people on the autistic spectrum and those who have experienced trauma that may affect their ability to absorb information and learning.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.