Amersham Hospital Day Nursery
Day Nursery located on the Amersham Hospital site in the District of Chiltern and South Buckinghamshire.
We give priority of places to employees of the NHS and then offer to those on the waiting list. We generally operate at 50% each of NHS and non-NHS families.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Amersham Hospital
- HP7 0JD
- Venue Notes
- Cost Description
Prices given on application. Reduced rates for NHS employees. Childcare vouchers/tax free childcare payments accepted. Early Education Funding available
- Immediate vacancies
- 3 and 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
30 Hours Childcare
- This Provider is offering 30 Hours free childcare places
- Age ranges
- From 3 months to 7 years 11 months
- When is childcare available?
- No. of weeks a year we are open
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 07:15 18:00 Tuesday 07:15 18:00 Wednesday 07:15 18:00 Thursday 07:15 18:00 Friday 07:15 18:00
- Other Availability
We are open 52 weeks of the year, except bank holidays and 2 staff training days each year.
- Pickups/Collections offered
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
Amersham Hospital Day Nursery is situated on the grounds of Amersham Hospital. Our garden overlooks the valley and we take advantage of the beautiful setting with walks to the nearby Memorial Gardens and paddle in the stream on warmer days!
The staff group is a well-established team, with some staff having worked in the nursery for over 10 years. The team and management support parents and carers throughout their time at the nursery. Where possible, we are flexible with the needs of individual families and children.
We support the needs of each individual child. Each child has their own Learning Journey throughout their time at the nursery. We have a dedicated team that ensures all children can access all that we offer. We have experience in multi-agency working and are building strong relationships with the local Child Development Team, speech and language therapists and physio and more.
We have in the past been awarded the Rights Respecting for Setting Award by UNICEF which encourages the children to develop an understanding of respectful behaviours.
All dietary requirements can be accommodated.
- Contact Name
- Lorraine Murphy
- Contact Telephone
- 01494 734251
- Contact Email
- SENCo Name
- Lorraine Murphy
- SENCo Email
- Needs Level
- Sensory and Physical Needs
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
Early Years Local Offer Response
- 1. What recent SEND specific training has been completed by practitioners in the setting?
- The SENCO attended the level 3 for the SENCO training.
- Introduction to Down syndrome training.
- Assess, plan do and review training.
- 2. How are parents involved at the setting and how can I be involved?
Daily in relation to their childs well being and development.
- 3. How will practitioners work with me to share information about my child's progress? What is additional for children with SEND?
Open house policy for discussions/meeting with child development team as required.
- 4. What specialist services and expertise are available at, or accessed by the setting?
services are accessed as required:
Early years inclusion team.
Speech and language therapist.
- 5. How accessible is the setting's environment (indoors and outdoors)?
All on one level.
- 6. What are the transition arrangements for supporting children and families?
Teachers welcome to visit us.
SENCO supports family with sourcing next stage of education.
Children visit schools.
Learning journey and supporting materials forwarded.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.