Children's Theatre at The Theatre Shed Ltd.
Children's Theatre Shed is to inspire, innovate, and include through the medium of Performing Arts. Our inclusive workshops are professionally led and allow our young people to explore performance skills such as acting, singing, dancing, physical theatre, and more in a supportive environment. We would normally run in-person Workshops on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings with additional holiday Workshops.
Obviously during the Coronavirus Pandemic normal Workshops are unable to happen but our Artistic team has worked extremely hard to keep The Theatre Shed up and running by going online. With so many young people needing a regular pattern to their lives we have been able to give continuity, stability, and consistency. Good mental health at this time is so important. We continue to run our normal Workshops: Children’s Theatre Tuesday: 5:15pm to 6:30pm (ages 6 to 11 years); Children’s Theatre Wednesday: 5:15pm to 6:30pm (ages 6 to 11 years); Youth Theatre Wednesday: 6:45pm to 8:45pm (ages 12 plus) via Zoom.
We didn’t stop there realising that there are others in the community who would benefit from regular involvement in our activities so we expanded our activities to include Film Club for the Community. This is a chance to watch a film via a Zoom link at the same time as your friends with an activity pack available to download from our website to go along with it. Our Community work continues with a daytime workshop on Tuesdays at 2.00pm.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Spinney Theatre
The Beacon School,
15, Amersham Road
- HP6 5PF
- Geographic Area Covered
- Chesham, Amersham and surrounding areas
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
- Session Information
Tuesdays 5.15 to 6.30pm
Wednesdays 5.15 to 6.30pm
- Cost Description
We offer free taster sessions to children and young people who are interested in becoming members – please contact Janice Howard (Admin and Parent Liaison Manager), to arrange a taster.
Termly subscription applies (bursaries available for extenuating circumstances), £372 per annum or 12 x £31.
- Age Ranges
- 6 to 12 years old
The children and young adults are encouraged and supported by their mentors to come up with and develop their ideas with the freedom of self-expression. The Theatre Shed works with young people of all abilities, irrespective of background, ability, disability or difficulty, producing excellent, thought-provoking challenging and, above all, entertaining theatre.
- Local Offer Age Bands
8 to 11
5 to 7
- Needs Level
- Sensory and Physical Needs
- All Needs Met
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- Cognition and Learning
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
General Local Offer Response
- What needs does your service or activity aim to meet for children and young people with SEND and their families?
The Theatre Shed is inclusive and welcomes children and young adults of all abilities.
- What outcomes does your service or activity aim to achieve for children and young people with SEND and their families?
The Theatre Shed gives an opportunity to grow and develop with awareness and an increase in self-confidence.
- How is your service or activity fully accessible to children, young people with SEND and their families, for example, facilities, support from staff?
Either online or fact to face we have a professional Artistic team supported by an incredible team of mentors who provide whatever support is necessary for the young person concerned.
- How do you communicate with children, young people with SEND and their families?
Communication is mostly via email or telephone.
- What training have your staff and/or volunteers received to support children and young people with SEND and their families?
The Artistic team are fully trained to support SEND young people and mentors and volunteers receive continuous on the job training.
- What future plans does your service or activity have for developing its SEND provision, for example, training, facilities?
Regular training takes place.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.