Girls Day/Boarding special school.
Alfriston is an outstanding Special School with Sports College status for girls aged 11 to 19-years-old with moderate learning difficulties and speech and language and communication difficulties.
We currently have 148 girls on roll. All pupils have a statement of special educational need or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and are taught in small groups and with additional support.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Alfriston School
- HP9 2TS
- Venue Notes
Parking available on site. Very limited bus service. Train to Beaconsfield then taxi or a 20/25 minute walk.
- Geographic Area Covered
- Buckinghamshire and neighbouring authorities
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday | 9am to 3:25pm (Boarding for some pupils)
- Session Information
Boarding for some pupils
- Age Ranges
- From 11 years to 19 years
Partial Wheelchair Access
British Sign Language (BSL)
Accessible Toilet Facilities
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Please contact school direct for information on admissions.
- Moderate learning difficulties
- Speech and language and communication difficulties.
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
12 to 15
19 to 25
8 to 11
- Needs Level
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- Cognition and Learning
- SEN Provision Type
- Targeted service or Specialist service (Referral required)
Schools Extended Local Offer Response
- What type of provisions you offer
- Special School
- Admission criteria and how pupils access specialist provision (start of school year or mid-year)
Contact the school for information or Buckinghamshire Integrated SEND Service.
- Contracts with other Local Authorities / Counties / Health providers
Pupils do attend from other Local Education Authorities (LEA) and counties.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.