John Hampden Grammar School (Boys)
JHGS is, simply put, an outstanding boys’ grammar school and one I feel enormously privileged to lead. The ethos, developed over many generations, is unique. It is based upon mutual respect, high expectations and support for one another.
At JHGS we aim for excellence in everything we do, be it academic performance, sporting or cultural achievement or the way we develop leadership and team skills. Exceptional standards, breadth, balance and self-confidence typify JHGS students. We are proud of our commitment to boys’ education, structuring our lessons and provision to meet the specific needs and uncover the potential of our young men. Almost all our students stay at the school to complete A Levels where we consistently dominate national and local league tables. From the website and prospectus you will gain some understanding of life at JHGS but it is only by visiting that you will appreciate the calm, focused, friendly and purposeful atmosphere that distinguishes this remarkable school.
I look forward to meeting you.
Miss Tracey Hartley
Who to contact
Where to go
- John Hampden Grammar School
- HP11 1SZ
- Geographic Area Covered
- Age Ranges
- 11 years to 19 years
- Contact Name
- Catherine Dunne: Learning Support Manager
- Contact Telephone
- 01494 529589
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
12 to 15
19 to 25
8 to 11
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
Schools Extended Local Offer Response
- Current Ofsted Rating
- Rating: Outstanding URN: 110485
- What type of provisions you offer
- Mainstream Provision
- Mainstream Provision Numbers:
- Approximately how many children do you have on roll?
- Approximately how many children/young people have a Statement/EHC plan in your provision?
- Approximately how many children/young people are accessing specialist provision without a Statement/EHC plan?
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.