Doorways Dance Group | Wednesday (Aylesbury)
Doorways Dance Group is an integrated dance group for young people with or without disabilities.
The class offers an opportunity to explore movement, imagination and much more. The group works towards performances in the Honeycomb Dance Festival and the Whizzfizzing festival.
SEND Young Inspectors
This activity was inspected by local SEND young inspectors, see what they thought of this activity and others
Who to contact
Where to go
- Aqua Vale Leisure Centre
- HP20 1DX
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Wednesday | 4pm to 5pm (Term Time)
- Time of day
- Cost Description
£5.65 per session, paid termly in advance
- Age Ranges
Doorways is an integrated group for people with or without disabilities and promote physical activity through dance.
- Contact Name
- Dylan Bingham
- Contact Telephone
- 01296 585103
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
12 to 15
19 to 25
- Needs Level
- Sensory and Physical Needs
- All Needs Met
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
- You Said We Did
Sessions are led by what participants would like to do
General Local Offer Response
- What needs does your service or activity aim to meet for children and young people with SEND and their families?
- What outcomes does your service or activity aim to achieve for children and young people with SEND and their families?
Improved fitness and social skills
- How can children and young people with SEND and their families start to use your service or activity?
The activities are fully open to young people over 13 to use although there are maximum numbers for each session - contact us for further details.
- How is your service or activity fully accessible to children, young people with SEND and their families, for example, facilities, support from staff?
Doorways dance club is run by a choreographer and a member of our team who are available to support attendees.
- How do you communicate with children, young people with SEND and their families?
Through letter, email, phone calls and face to face at sessions.
- What training have your staff and/or volunteers received to support children and young people with SEND and their families?
The choreographer has received training to work with this group of people and our staff have received informal training as well.
- What future plans does your service or activity have for developing its SEND provision, for example, training, facilities?
These sessions are targeted at this group of people so no development plans at present
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.