Buckinghamshire Family Information Service (BFIS)
The Buckinghamshire Family Information Service provides information for families, children and young people aged from birth to 19 years (up to 25 years with a disability/additional need), it is a free, confidential and impartial service. Our service is accessible by phone, website, social media (Facebook and Twitter) and email or in person at an outreach event.
Information available on:
Ofsted registered childminders
Find your nearest, see what's on and view/download the latest timetables.
A free, accessible hub bringing together information from social care, health, education and other services around Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Who to contact
Where to go
- Buckinghamshire Council
Walton Street Offices
- HP20 1UZ
- Geographic Area Covered
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5.30pm, Friday 9am to 5pm
- Time of day
- Age Ranges
0 to 19 years
Up to 25 with a disability
- Accessible Website
The Buckinghamshire Family Information Service website is home to the Local Offer for SEND. A free, accessible hub bringing together information from social care, health, education and other services around Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
We are committed to ensuring everyone can use our website. Here are some of the ways we deliver on this commitment:
We have added the world-leading digital inclusion software, Browsealoud, to our website making our content more accessible with reading and translation support.
Some people find certain text and background colours difficult to read, while others prefer to have a specific colour such as white text on a black background. You can change the text and background colour using our accessibility controls.
We have avoided using too many graphics within the website to ensure quick download times and to allow access to information which cannot be read as an image. Where images have been used we have added 'alt' tags - text alternatives so that you will still know what the image is meant to convey even if it does not load or if you've have chosen to browse with the images switched off or you are using assistive technology like a screen reader to browse the web page.
- Contact Name
- Anna Ellis
- Contact Telephone
- 01296 383293
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Links
Buckinghamshire's Local Offer for SEND
Buckinghamshire Families, Activities, Events, Information and Support Group
Local Offer for SEND Facebook Page
Youthspace Bucks Facebook Page
Youthspace Bucks Twitter
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
12 to 15
19 to 25
2 to 4
0 to 1
8 to 11
5 to 7
- Needs Level
- Sensory and Physical Needs
- All Needs Met
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
General Local Offer Response
- What needs does your service or activity aim to meet for children and young people with SEND and their families?
We deliver support and advice to families through telephone, email, web, social media and outreach.
- What outcomes does your service or activity aim to achieve for children and young people with SEND and their families?
To improve information on all SEND services and providers in the county.
- How can children and young people with SEND and their families start to use your service or activity?
Contact details are at the bottom of the page.
- How is your service or activity fully accessible to children, young people with SEND and their families, for example, facilities, support from staff?
Accessibility software on the website (Browse Aloud). Accessible content and functionality on the website.
- How do you communicate with children, young people with SEND and their families?
Feedback form on the website and anyone can contact the service on the contact details below. We also offer a wide range of opportunities for parents, children and young people to be actively involved in BFIS and the SEND information we source and deliver. Please contact us for more details.
- What training have your staff and/or volunteers received to support children and young people with SEND and their families?
Accessibility training on content writing for the website.
- What future plans does your service or activity have for developing its SEND provision, for example, training, facilities?
Further functionality to allow parents to review providers for their Local offer will be available in the coming months.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.