We are a county-wide team of Registered Nurses qualified in Learning Disabilities and or Children’s Nursing. We are all experienced at working with families in the community. We aim to work with families, professionals and other agencies to enhance the lives and well-being of children and young people with a learning disability.
We can help with the following:
- Provide an Initial Health Needs Assessment for each child or young person.
- Implement individual programmes with families which may include help with toileting, sleep, keeping safe, and behaviour.
- Provide families with information and advice.
- See children/young people in various settings to help us understand which areas they need help with.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss the needs of each child/young person.
- facilitate small groups in schools to talk to young people about puberty and growing up.