National Trust Stowe
Gardening on the grandest scale in this Georgian landscape garden and park
The scale and beauty of Stowe have attracted visitors for over 300 years. Picture-perfect views, winding paths, lakeside walks and temples create a timeless landscape, reflecting the changing seasons. Full of hidden meaning, the gardens were created as an earthly paradise and still cast their spell today.
Your visit starts at the New Inn visitor centre outside the gardens. This fusion of modern and restored eighteenth-century buildings was where visitors of the past were welcomed to Stowe.
Stop by the light and airy cafe for delicious fresh food and the shop for unique products inspired by the gardens. The sheer size and space is perfect for those who love the outdoors and enjoy walking. Stowe is great to explore all day long when you combine a visit to Stowe House or explore the far reaches of the garden and parkland to make the most of your day.
Come back time and time again to discover new routes by following the mown grass paths in the garden or take a vigorous ramble in the parkland where more monuments wait to be explored and see new views you won't find in the garden.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Stowe Landscape Gardens
New Inn Farm
- MK18 5DQ
- Venue Notes
3 miles north west of Buckingham via Stowe Avenue, off A422 Buckingham to Banbury road. Oxford 18 miles, Northampton 16 miles, Milton Keynes 14 miles. Motorway access from M40 (exits 9 to 11) and M1 (exits 13 or 15a). Parking free of charge.
- Geographic Area Covered
- Buckinghamshire, South Northamptonshire, Milton Keynes
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Open daily, 10am to 5pm closing at 4pm in winter. Closed 24 and 25 December.
- Time of day
- Cost Description
Please see website for admission prices. National Trust members go free.
Group discounts available.
Education group membership available.
- Age Related Price Differences
Under 5s go free.
- Age Ranges
- All ages
- Welcome area, café, shop and toilets within the New Inn visitor centre are fully accessible
- Some of the restored parlour rooms have limited access and low levels of lighting
- The gardens are partly accessible: they include uneven and hard gravel paths, steep slopes, and are slightly hilly
- Mobility buggies are available with a suggested donation of £10, book in advance on 01280 817156. We suggest you bring your own buggy or wheelchair to use from the car park to New Inn (just over 100m)
- Plenty of car parking for people with disabilities
- Speed bumps on Stowe avenue measuring 6.35cm and 4.44cm.
- Assistance dogs only are allowed in the cafe
- Dogs are welcome in the shop
- For full information regarding access to Stowe House please see http://www.stowe.co.uk/house/plan-your-visit/accessibility
- Please call us on 01280 817156 to discuss your access requirements
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
12 to 15
19 to 25
2 to 4
0 to 1
8 to 11
5 to 7
- Needs Level
- All Needs Met
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.