Coronavirus Update - OPEN
I live in Wendover, Buckinghamshire with my husband, 3 children (all over 21), and 3 cats. I have been childminding since 2001 and have seen children through all the ages and stages of their development.
I am Ofsted registered. I offer a warm, welcoming, homely environment for the children in my care. I look after children from birth to 12 years old. I collect and drop off from all Wendover pre-schools and schools. I have an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Development and also various certificates including Paediatric First Aid and Food Hygiene.
Both my husband and my daughter (when back from university) are my assistants and assist with before and after school sessions. I prefer not to have too many children or babies in the daytime as it can become more of a nursery setting rather than a home setting so the daytime sessions are usually only with myself.
I will endeavour to meet all cultural and dietary requirements.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Carolyn Allen
- Contact Position
01296 62584107730 399808
Where to go
- Venue Notes
The number 50 and 8 bus stops on my road and we have a train station in the village which runs to Aylesbury and London. There is parking on the road outside my house for drop offs. We are within easy walking distance to both the high street and all the schools and pre-schools
- Table of costs
Table of costs Age Amount £ Cost Type Under 2s 6.00 Per hour 2 years 5.50 Per hour 3 to 4 years 5.50 Per hour
- Cost Description
- Childcare vouchers accepted.
- Sibling discount available.
- no food (except fruit snack) provided
- Age Related Price Differences
- Under 2 years old £6 per hour, 2 years and over £5.50 per hour.
- Prices are per child and increase by 25p each Easter.
- Sibling rate may be available depending on requirements.
- Immediate vacancies
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 0 years to 0 years (spaces available = 1) From 1 years to 4 years (spaces available = 1) From 5 years to 7 years (spaces available = 0) From 8+ years to years (spaces available = 2)
Please phone, text or email for up to date vacancy details as all days may not be available.
- Age ranges
- From 0 years 3 months to 11 years 11 months
- When is childcare available?
- No. of weeks a year we are open
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 07:00 18:00 Tuesday 07:00 18:00 Wednesday 07:00 18:00 Thursday 07:00 18:00 Friday 07:00 18:00
- Other Availability
Am flexible on times (within reason), please feel free to ask if you need anything different than offered.
- Pickups/Collections offered
Wendover CE Junior School
John Colet School
John Hampden Primary School
Little Acorns Kindergarten
Jack In The Box Pre-School
- Pick up/drop off from any Wendover school or pre-school available.
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
I currently have only limited experience of working with children with SEND and their families. However I welcome any family who wishes to join my setting and will work with the families to provide the best possible care for each individual child.
I will attend courses relevant to SEND to improve and develop my understanding, making it possible for me to adapt my practices to suit children with SEND.
I will work in close partnership with parents, other carers, medical professionals, Buckinghamshire Council and those who have knowledge about the relevant SEND.
I will seek advice and guidance to ensure I am offering the best possible care to develop each child's learning and development.
- Contact Name
- Carolyn Allen
- Contact Telephone
- 01296 625841
- Contact Email
Early Years Local Offer Response
- 2. How are parents involved at the setting and how can I be involved?
All parents are encouraged to share relevant information regarding the individual needs of their child. If there is any additional training that would enhance my ability to care appropriately for their child then that would be undertaken. Only with frankness and openness can we fully understand each individual child’s needs.
- 3. How will practitioners work with me to share information about my child's progress? What is additional for children with SEND?
I am always available for private talks or meetings to discuss their child’s individual needs.
- 4. What specialist services and expertise are available at, or accessed by the setting?
Our local council run courses are available to cover a variety of different subjects. If they do not cover a specific course then I will try to obtain a course through a different body, either in person or online.
- 5. How accessible is the setting's environment (indoors and outdoors)?
Our setting is an end of terrace Victorian 3 bed property with all living rooms and kitchen and dining room downstairs. We have a downstairs toilet and our cot area is also located in a separate downstairs room. Additional rooms for cots are available upstairs if needed.
We have a lovely sunny patio and garden for outside play. We have a couple of steps going into the property but otherwise the downstairs is accessible for all.
- 6. What are the transition arrangements for supporting children and families?
We offer settling in sessions in the weeks before starting to ensure both child and parents are happy and comfortable for the child to remain.
- 7. What future plans does your setting have for developing its SEND?
This is always an ongoing situation and will be adapted as and when the needs arise.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.