The Mandeville School
Who to contact
Where to go
- Mandeville School
- HP21 8ES
- Venue Notes
Please contact the school for further information.
- Geographic Area Covered
- Aylesbury Vale, Bucks
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday; 8:25am to 2:45pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
School timetable consists of 6 x 50 minutes lessons
30 minutes tutorial session (20 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the afternoon)
15 min break and 35 min lunch per day.
- Age Ranges
11 years to 16 years
17 years to 19 years
Partial Wheelchair Access
Wheelchair Accessible Entrance
Accessible Toilet Facilities
Disabled Car Parking Space
The school’s philosophy is one of a whole school approach to educational needs. Responsibility is taken in each subject area to examine the appropriateness of the curriculum, and by working with the SEN department, to prepare or modify learning materials or approaches to learning for identified pupils. In addition the school will ensure that, where possible and appropriate, additional adult support is provided for the child in the learning situation through the use of specialist or extra teaching staff, or learning support assistants.
The school will keep parents fully informed at all stages of the support process and they will be encouraged to comment upon and be engaged in their child’s learning programme.
Pupils with learning difficulties have equal opportunity regarding admission to the school. In the case of a pupil with a statement of educational need, discussion takes place between the parents, educational psychologist and the L.E.A. regarding the suitability of resources available.
- SENCo Name
- Mrs M Gomez
- SENCo Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
12 to 15
- Needs Level
- All needs met
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
- Annual SEN Information Report
- Annual SEN Information Report - The Mandeville School 2019 (PDF 288KB)
Schools Extended Local Offer Response
- What type of provisions you offer
- Mainstream Provision
- Mainstream Provision Numbers:
- Approximately how many children do you have on roll?
- Approximately how many children/young people have a Statement/EHC plan in your provision?
- Approximately how many children/young people are accessing specialist provision without a Statement/EHC plan?
- Admission criteria and how pupils access specialist provision (start of school year or mid-year)
Admission via Bucks County Council Schools Admission Team
- Future developments for SEND provision
Increased access to the curriculum. Improvement in schools physical environment to increase access. Make written information accessible to pupils and parents in a range of different ways.
- Contracts with other Local Authorities / Counties / Health providers
Specialist Teaching Service, Downs Support Team, Cognition and Learning, Hearing Impaired, Visual impaired, Speech and Language Therapists, Educational Psychologist, Blueprint/Blueprint Outreach, Uptown Coffee Bar, Connexions,
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.