Aylesbury Women's Aid
Aylesbury Women's Aid provides support, information advocacy and refuge accommodation to women and children fleeing domestic violence or forced marriage.
Support offered is based on individual need but can include:-
- Refuge accommodation for women and children
- Assistance with consulting doctors, solicitors, going to court, benefits, homeless departments and social workers.
- Sign-posting for specialist needs
- Counselling service
- Referrals to refuges in other parts of the country
- Access to an awareness programme looking into the issues of power and control in relationships.
- Help with finding school places or play therapy
- A staffed OFSTED registered playroom
- An Outreach Service based in the town centre for women who prefer to stay in their own homes.
- An Aftercare Service for women after they have left the refuge
- Presentation, workshops and training on domestic violence issues
- 24-hour emergency service
Independent Domestic Violence Advocacy, assistance with child contact and access to the Freedom Programme and Therapeutic Playgroups also available.
Accommodation - located in Aylesbury but take referrals from other parts of the Country. Outreach / Aftercare - Aylesbury Vale
Open Door Policy for all women but the refuge accommodation cannot accommodate boys over 16 years of age.
01296 436827 Refuge
01296 437777 Outreach and Freedom Programme:
07742 162484 Emergency Out of Hours Number: (this number covers all areas of Buckinghamshire excluding Milton Keynes)
Who to contact
Where to go
- Aylesbury Women's Aid
PO Box 85
- HP21 8WA
- Venue Notes
- Geographic Area Covered
- Aylesbury Vale
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 9.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. 24 hour Emergency Helpline available on 07742162484
- Cost Description
- Age Ranges
- All ages
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.