FACT Bucks (Families and Carers Together in Buckinghamshire)
FACT Bucks is the forum for parents and carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) aged from 0 to 25. We are part of the national network of parent carer forums and we aim to empower and support parents to participate in and co-produce the shaping of services used by our children and young people across the County.
Our aim is to provide a voice for parent carers in every discussion and forum to which we can be invited within the local authority, CCGs (Clinical Commissioning Group) and local health providers. We do this through volunteer parent carers who attend meetings to represent all of us regardless of the age of our child/young person or their needs/disability.
Our forum holds regular coffee mornings and other events details of which will be added to our website. Come along and help us to embed the voice of parent carers in local developments and improve services for our children.
Who to contact
Where to go
- FACT Bucks
PO Box 1032
- HP22 9NL
- Geographic Area Covered
- Cost Description
- Age Ranges
- From 0 to 25 years
To enable the views of parent carers of SEND Children and Young people to be taken into account by those in the local area with the responsibility to provide the services and support required to meet the needs and deliver the outcomes for SEND.
- Contact Name
- Andrew Howard
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
12 to 15
19 to 25
2 to 4
0 to 1
8 to 11
5 to 7
- Needs Level
- All Needs Met
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
General Local Offer Response
- What needs does your service or activity aim to meet for children and young people with SEND and their families?
To ensure their experiences are understood and their needs are at the forefront of the minds of those making decisions about resources and provisions to meet needs.
- What outcomes does your service or activity aim to achieve for children and young people with SEND and their families?
Better provision of services and support to meet needs and enable the children and young people with SEND the same opportunity as their peers to achieve their aspirations
- How can children and young people with SEND and their families start to use your service or activity?
Drop us and email or join us for one of our events.
- How is your service or activity fully accessible to children, young people with SEND and their families, for example, facilities, support from staff?
We are all parent carers with lived experience
- What training have your staff and/or volunteers received to support children and young people with SEND and their families?
Being parent carers ourselves but we have all had participation training as well.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.