Hi my name is DAX and I'm a childminder living in Amersham. I have been childminding for the last 25 years and thoroughly enjoy my job. I am a qualified National Nursery Examination Board (NNEB). I have worked with children form the ages of 12 weeks upwards and with children with a special need.
Since 20, I have worked in Social services and private nursery's, on children's hospital wards and worked in the community as a section 11 taking play and education into the community; then helped set up the nursery at the BBC, for children aged from 12 weeks up to the time they leave for school. I also offer a babysitting service. I have enjoyed every part of my journey working with children and the experience I have gained.
Once my son was born, I became a childminder working from home starting with my anti-natal group parents children. So, my home setting and routine reflects the nursery routine but also more on family bases but with a smaller group of children. This also enabled me to take them out and about to explore and learn about their environment, playgroups, parks, museums, music lesson, library, interacting with other children, life skills and so one.
I provide different activities to enhance the children's learning according to their age and ability but at the same time having that family time, experience and atmosphere with the other children I look after and at tea times when we all eat together. So creating a cosy family welcoming home environment is very important to me for the children and their well-being. My home is also a place I would like my parents to feel comfortable and welcomed.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Daxaben West
- Contact Position
01494 47424207771 530420
Where to go
- Venue Notes
I live in Amersham near the old town not far from Tesco. My house is situated at the bottom of Gore Hill just before the roundabout in Fieldway, and the Amersham train station is only 5 to 10 mins from mines depending on traffic.
I have a three bedroom house with a lovely garden, with Coleshill infant, St Mary's school and Stepping Stones nursery near by. I currently do the Coleshill School drop off and picks ups for the older children, and Stepping Stones playgroup/nursery.
The first floor of my house is used for childminding and the bathroom is situated downstairs so I am never too far from the children. I have a fairly good sized garden, where we have all the toys and slides out with sand and water but we also have some lovely parks not to far from us. I also have my own car.
- Cost Description
Costs will be discussed at the interview
- Immediate vacancies
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 0 years to 0 years (spaces available = 1) From 1 years to 4 years (spaces available = 2) From 5 years to 7 years (spaces available = 0) From 8+ years to years (spaces available = 0)
Currently I have two full time childcare placements available for children aged 3 months to 3 years of age. Thursdays to Friday before and after school placement for Coleshill School.
- 3 and 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
30 Hours Childcare
- This Provider is offering 30 Hours free childcare places
- 30 Hours Partner Summary
- I offer the 30 hour funding and share the child's funding hours with Stepping Stones nursery.
- Age ranges
- From 0 years 3 months to 10 years
- When is childcare available?
- No. of weeks a year we are open
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 7:30 6:00 Tuesday 7:30 6:00 Wednesday 7:30 6:00 Thursday 7:30 6:00 Friday 7:30 6:00
- Other Availability
I am available for childminding from Monday to Friday
Times: 7.30am to 6.00pm
If you would like me to extend my childminding times needed, due to your work schedule, then we can discuss this too.
I also offer a Babysitting service after working hours, which has helped many of my parents keep the continuity of childcare when they have to go out in the evenings. This I do from the child's home.
If parents need to go straight out after work, I can take your child home from mine once I have finished work and get them ready for bed until you arrive home
(Babysitting needs to be booked in)
- Pickups/Collections offered
- Coleshill CE Infant School
- Stepping Stones
- I ask parents to arrive at mine by 8.15 am, so that we can discuss anything needed for me to do for the day and the handover of the children and goodbyes.This also gives me time to get the children and their school bags organised and into the car ready for school/nursery drop off. I will collect the children according to their school finishing times and will return if they have any after school club activities.
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
I am a qualified National Nursery Examination Board (NNEB) and have worked with children form the ages of 12 weeks upwards and with children with a special need.
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.