Ivingswood Academy Pre-School and Nursery
Ivingswood Pre School and Nursery are part of Ivingswood Academy. Pre-School is registered for 20 children 16 of which can be 2 years old. Nursery has a capacity of 26. We run within our own dedicated classrooms and covered soft play area within the Early Years Department and have access to the rest of the school.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Ivingswood Academy
- HP5 2BY
- Venue Notes
- Table of costs
Table of costs Age Amount £ Cost Type 2 years 15.00 Per half day
- Cost Description
- Free 2 year old places available for those who qualify for funding.
- Free funding for 15 hours per week for all children the term after they are 3.
- 3 and 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
- Age ranges
- From 2 years to 4 years 11 months
- When is childcare available?
- No. of weeks a year we are open
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday AM 08:45 11:45 Tuesday AM 08:45 11:45 Wednesday AM 08:45 11:45 Thursday AM 08:45 11:45 Friday AM 08:45 11:45
- Pickups/Collections offered
We provide an inclusive environment where each child's individual needs are valued and catered for.
- Contact Name
- Alyson Newington
- Contact Telephone
- 01494 783070
- Contact Email
- SENCo Name
- Alyson Newington
- SENCo Email
- Local Offer Links
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
Early Years Local Offer Response
- 2. How are parents involved at the setting and how can I be involved?
Parents/carers are actively encouraged to visit the nursery at drop off times and settle their child. There are come and play sessions and other activities to involve parents as much as possible in their child's education.
Staff are available at the start and close of each session to discuss concerns and share success. Miss Rose is available by appointment to discuss any queries parents/carers may have.
- 3. How will practitioners work with me to share information about my child's progress? What is additional for children with SEND?
Information is shared at the request of the parent/carer but also through formal meetings each term to discuss progress.
For children with additional needs, SENDCo is always available to discuss concerns, referrals will be made to external agencies as required. A support plan may be put in place after consultation with parents/carers to target specific areas of concern such as speech and language or developmental delays.
- 4. What specialist services and expertise are available at, or accessed by the setting?
Any relevant services such as health visitors, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy or paediatric referrals for example can be done by the SENDCo in conjunction with parents/carers
- 5. How accessible is the setting's environment (indoors and outdoors)?
The EYFS area is all on one level and accessible from the school or the playground if necessary. All necessary adjustments will be considered if a child or parent/carer has accessibility needs.
- 6. What are the transition arrangements for supporting children and families?
EYFS staff are very experienced in managing transitions. Parents/carers should ask if they feel their child would benefit from additional support in this area.
- 7. What future plans does your setting have for developing its SEND?
Ivingswood Academy are always looking at ways of up-skilling staff. External agencies and in house staff can deliver quality training as necessary to support children at the setting.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.