Adult Days at Thames Valley Adventure Playground
For adults with special needs.
- Use of equipment and crafts
- Woodwork sessions available on request
- Hot Drinks machine available
- Sensory Room available
- Please be aware we cannot provide any food, so packed lunches are essential
Who to contact
Where to go
- Thames Valley Adventure Playground
- SL6 0PR
- Venue Notes
Located a short walk from Taplow train station, we are also close to local bus routes from Slough and Maidenhead. With good access from the M4 we are very easy to find.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Fridays | 10am to 5pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
- Cost Description
We ask for a suggested contribution of £8 per user
- Hot Drinks 50p per cup
- Sensory Room £5 per half hour
- Age Ranges
- For adults with special needs
As children, most of us would take for granted the chance to get out and about, exploring, climbing trees, visiting the park and hanging out with friends, but for many children and adults with a special need, it just isn't possible. If you have a physical disability, the difficulties are more obvious, but, if you have a learning disability, sensory problems or autism, you may find it hard to relate to other people and to join in their games.
Wheelchair-accessible roundabouts and swings, elevated walkways allowing someone with profound and multiple difficulties to enjoy the excitement of 'climbing' trees, multi-sensory rooms to stimulate and relax, with specially-trained staff to provide help and support - these are just a few of the things on offer.
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
19 to 25
- Needs Level
- Sensory and Physical Needs
- All Needs Met
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- Cognition and Learning
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.