Buckinghamshire NHS School Nursing Service
We work in schools and the local community to support all children and young people with medical, emotional or educational needs.
Our aim is to support each person we care for to achieve their potential for physical, emotional and social well-being so that they can get the most from life and education and become responsible for their own health.
We work in partnership with children and young people, their families and other health and education professionals in a range of locations, including schools, clinics and family homes. We also work with colleagues in health, care and education services across Buckinghamshire to help shape children’s services.
Our service is part of the Healthy Child Programme 0 to 19 which is a national framework, based on best evidence, to promote and protect the health of children as they grow.
For more details and how to refer please visit Bucks Healthcare NHS Trust School Nursing Service. The website includes a wide range of information for all age groups and professionals.
To make a referral to the School Readiness Team and for more information about how to support a child to Get Ready for School, please follow this link. https://www.buckshealthcare.nhs.uk/School-nursing/Getting_Ready_for_School.htm
Who to contact
Where to go
- Various locations
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
Service offered in schools and clinics
- Cost Description
Contact for details
- Age Ranges
- 4.5 to 19 years old
Many children and young people live with a long-term medical condition. The healthy child programme describes the school nursing service as one of the supporting teams that can help children and young people manage the physical and emotional effects of these conditions and disabilities, therefore helping them to achieve their full potential, enjoying the same opportunities as their peers both in and outside school. If we are not the most suitable service to support a child or young person we will aim to find one who can.
- Contact Name
- Jenny Chapman
- Contact Telephone
- 01296 567833 | NHS School Nursing Service
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Links
Bucks Healthcare School Nursing
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
12 to 15
19 to 25
8 to 11
5 to 7
General Local Offer Response
- What needs does your service or activity aim to meet for children and young people with SEND and their families?
Support and advice for all school age children and their families, individualised care packages where needed based on the child/young persons needs
- What outcomes does your service or activity aim to achieve for children and young people with SEND and their families?
For all identified health and well being needs to be met
- How can children and young people with SEND and their families start to use your service or activity?
The service is offered in all schools throughout the county, the teams can be contacted via the website. Children need to be in state funded schools, as we cannot offer our school nursing service to children who attend private schools.
- How is your service or activity fully accessible to children, young people with SEND and their families, for example, facilities, support from staff?
The service is accessible to all children and young people through the schools including special schools, as long as these are state funded.
- How do you communicate with children, young people with SEND and their families?
All communication is through the schools and additional information can be found on the website. Information is also given face to face to children and their families where ever possible
- What training have your staff and/or volunteers received to support children and young people with SEND and their families?
School nurses are qualified, registered nurses and their training includes working with children and families with SEND. Regular training updates are attended throughout the year and on exception according to recognised health needs
- What future plans does your service or activity have for developing its SEND provision, for example, training, facilities?
Responding to any changes in provision required
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.