The Cressex Community School is a forward-thinking mainstream secondary school which embraces traditional values. We emphasise hard work; self discipline; good manners and the importance of showing respect to others.
Cressex Community School
Who to contact
Where to go
- Cressex Community School
The Cressex Community School
- HP12 4QA
- Venue Notes
Visitors parking on site.
- Geographic Area Covered
- High Wycombe District
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 8.25am - 3.05pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
- Age Ranges
- From 11 years to 19 years
In compliance with the new SEN Code of Practice and SEND Reforms, there is a graduated approach to the identification, provision and support for all students deemed to require special educational provision to be made for them at Cressex Community School. All students identified as needing additional provision will be placed on the SEN Register under one single SEN category and progress monitored via Individual Provision Mapping (this replaces the categories of School Action and School Action Plus). This Policy will set out our commitment to raising the aspirations and expectations for all pupils with SEN, including those identified as Gifted or Talented and/or who would benefit from aspiration-raising programmes.
The purpose of this document is to describe the provision we make for students identified as having a special educational need (SEN) and the principles by which we make that provision. For consistency and clarity the term SEN is used throughout this document.
This school believes that every student has an entitlement to develop to his or her full potential. Educational experiences are provided which promote high achievement and personal development for each individual. The wide diversity of the school’s population is valued as a rich resource, which supports the learning of all. In this school, we recognise a student’s right to a broad, balanced, relevant and challenging curriculum, which is appropriate to their individual abilities, talents and personal qualities.
- Contact Name
- Sharon Weightman (SENDCo)
- Contact Telephone
- 01494 437729
- Contact Email
- SENCo Name
- Mrs Sharon Weightman
- SENCo Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
12 to 15
19 to 25
8 to 11
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
- Annual SEN Information Report
- Annual SEN Information Report 2018 Cressex Community School (pdf 453 kB)
Schools Extended Local Offer Response
- Current Ofsted Rating
- Date: 03/07/2014 Rating: Good URN: 110500
- What type of provisions you offer
- Mainstream Provision
- Mainstream Provision Numbers:
- Approximately how many children do you have on roll?
- Approximately how many children/young people have a Statement/EHC plan in your provision?
- Approximately how many children/young people are accessing specialist provision without a Statement/EHC plan?
- Admission criteria and how pupils access specialist provision (start of school year or mid-year)
Please refer to SEN Policy (Draft August 2014). Please refer to Local Offer - SEN Information Report. Please refer to Accessibility Plan (Draft August 2014)
- Future developments for SEND provision
Please refer to SEN Policy.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.