Health Visiting Service (Aylesbury)
We offer the same services to all families with children under school age, with more targeted and tailored support for those who need it. A health visitor will work with parents who are pregnant or who already have children under five in the household. We are available to offer advice or answer questions on:
How to take care of yourself and your family
How to encourage your child to develop and grow
How to keep your child safe
The support available for parents and carers.
Health Visitors offer every family a programme of screening tests, immunisations, developmental reviews, information and guidance to support parenting and healthy choices. We ensure that children’s health needs are assessed as part of the Healthy Child Programme, a national framework, based on best evidence, to improve and protect the health of children as they grow.
Health Visitor teams are based in various community sites across the county.
There is a designated Health Visitor who liaises with each GP Practice.
The majority of our child health drop ins are run at your local Family Centre
Aylesbury is divided in to three teams: East Team, South Team and West Team:
East Team covers the Poplar Grove, Oakfield, Broughton, Buckingham Park, Elmhurst and Bedgrove areas, within the team’s geographical boundary. South Team covers Wendover, Mandeville, RAF Halton, Pitstone, Aston Clinton areas, within the team’s geographical boundary. West Team covers Meadowcroft, Berryfield and Fairford Leys areas within the team’s geographical boundary.
Who to contact
Where to go
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
Child health drop-ins and home visiting
- Age Ranges
- From 0 years to 5 years
One of the healthy child program core functions is to recognise disability and developmental delay. This includes a responsibility to provide information, support, referral and notification to others, and in particular there is a duty to inform the local education authority if it is suspected that a child may have special educational needs. Practitioners carrying out the healthy child program health and development reviews are expected to have knowledge and understanding of child development, and of the factors that influence health and wellbeing. They need to be able to recognise the range of normal development.
- Local Offer Links
- Local Offer Age Bands
2 to 4
0 to 1
5 to 7
General Local Offer Response
- What needs does your service or activity aim to meet for children and young people with SEND and their families?
Early intervention, support and guidance for babies and their families with potential SEND
- What outcomes does your service or activity aim to achieve for children and young people with SEND and their families?
Correct sign posting to relevant agencies and services for ongoing management.
- How can children and young people with SEND and their families start to use your service or activity?
Health visitors have staged contact points from pre-birth, families can contact their health visiting team via the website.
- How is your service or activity fully accessible to children, young people with SEND and their families, for example, facilities, support from staff?
The service is delivered at the families home and through accessible child health drop ins.
- How do you communicate with children, young people with SEND and their families?
We communicate however the families wish to - at drop in, at home, by phone, email.
- What training have your staff and/or volunteers received to support children and young people with SEND and their families?
All health visitors are trained registered nurses and working with children and families with SEND is included in the curriculum. Update training is attended regularly and on exception.
- What future plans does your service or activity have for developing its SEND provision, for example, training, facilities?
To continue with update training - responding to changes and needs highlighted.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.