Adult Art Beginners' Acrylics Course (3 weeks) 13, 20, 27 November
Please Note: Following changes to our programme in light of COVID-19 guidance, this class must now be booked in advance.
All attendees must take out membership with the Centre in order to attend a workshop. Pre-booking is essential.
Three week course with Leila Ward
Learn the basic techniques of painting with acrylics.
This course will give you an introduction to acrylic painting. It is suitable for beginners, those returning to acrylics, or those wanting to try out different techniques with acrylic paint.
You will be taught, step-by-step, techniques such as colour mixing, washes, and impasto through painting a range of subjects.
What to bring
- A selection of acrylic paints
- Selection of brushes – rounds (small and larger), and flat brushes
- Palette knife
- A3 or A4 acrylic paper (such as Daler Rowney Mixed media 250g/m paper)
- Water pot (old tall plastic tubs work well for this such as soup tubs!)
- Masking tape
- Mixing palette – old polystyrene circles from frozen pizza packaging work well!
- Paper towels
- Apron or wear old clothing (if you think you need to)
Places must be booked in advance. For more information on our COVID 19 guidelines and protocols, terms and conditions and about membership, visit our website
Who to contact
Where to go
- Queens Park Arts Centre
- HP21 7RT
- Venue Notes
Short walk from the town centre; free car parking available on site.
- Geographic Area Covered
- Aylesbury Vale
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Fridays 10:30 to 12:30 midday | 13, 20, 27 November 2020
- Time of day
- Activity Period
- 13/11/2020 - 27/11/2020
- Cost Description
£65 plus membership
- Age Ranges
- Suitable for adults and students aged 16 plus
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.