CGS is an outstanding co-educational grammar school.
Chesham Grammar School
Who to contact
Where to go
- Chesham Grammar School
- HP5 1BA
- Venue Notes
Limited parking is available on site. There is one disabled parking spaces situated outside the Sixth Form Centre.
Good public transport links include buses from nearby towns and Metropolitan line trains which terminate in Chesham.
The school is situated approximately 0.5 miles from the town centre up a steep hill.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Term Time and school hours
- Age Ranges
- From 11 years to 18 years
Partial Wheelchair Access
Wheelchair Accessible Entrance
Accessible Toilet Facilities
Disabled Car Parking Space
- Referral required
"It is an outstanding school where students come first"
The school believes that:
- every student has a right to develop his/her full potential,
- every student has a right to a broad, balanced, relevant and challenging curriculum which is appropriate to his/her abilities
- diversity supports the learning of all
The schools objectives are to:
- address the needs of all students irrespective of whether they have physical, sensory, emotional, behavioural, specific or general learning difficulties
- ensure discrimination or prejudice is eradicated
- identify barriers to learning and participation, and to address students’ needs
- recognise, value and celebrate achievements, however small
- work in partnership with parents/carers in supporting their child’s education
- provide appropriate resources (both human and material) as funding permits
- involve the student in the process of identification, assessment and provision, ensuring that his/her wishes are taken into account
- implement the statutory recommendations
- guide and support all school staff, governors and parents in SEND issues.
- Contact Name
- Learning Support Department
- Contact Telephone
- 01494 782854
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Links
CGS SEND Policy
- Local Offer Age Bands
Adults (16+ years)
Secondary (11-16 years)
- Needs Level
- All needs met
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
Schools Extended Local Offer Response
- Current Ofsted Rating
- Date: 13/03/2014 Rating: Outstanding URN: 137091
- What type of provisions you offer
- Mainstream Provision
- Mainstream Provision Numbers:
- Approximately how many children do you have on roll?
- Approximately how many children/young people have a Statement/EHC plan in your provision?
- Approximately how many children/young people are accessing specialist provision without a Statement/EHC plan?
- Admission criteria and how pupils access specialist provision (start of school year or mid-year)
Please see our website for admission details: http://www.cheshamgrammar.org/180/admissions?search=SEND POLICY The admission arrangements for children with SEND are no different than for other children, except when the school is a 'named placement', designated by the LA in an SEND statement/EHCP plan.
- Future developments for SEND provision
The school will continue to offer mainstream education to all students who qualify, supported by external agencies, such as the health service.
- Contracts with other Local Authorities / Counties / Health providers
The school continues to work alongside a variety of agencies and services, for example: Physiotherapy, Speech and Language services & Audiology.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.