GRASPS Bucks Autism Support Group
Greater Resources for Autism Supporting Parents and Siblings (Established: March 2013)
GRASPS is voluntary run, inclusive support group for families, young adults and adults, affected by Autism in Buckinghamshire.
This welcoming and supportive forum is dedicated to promoting peer to peer support and SEND information exchange, to benefit families with autistic children and family members who reside in Buckinghamshire
There is a private Facebook support forum for, families, adults and teens directly affected by autism. We aim to be as inclusive as possible. If you would like to request to join GRASPS Bucks. Please provide a background summary and email: email@example.com
We hold monthly support meetings in Aylesbury and South Bucks with the primary objectives of providing essential empathy, support, acceptance and understanding for one another.
Confidentiality: All member specific information discussed, (including discussions in virtual spaces), is considered strictly confidential, and may not be communicated outside the GRASPS forum without prior consent of the members that provided the information.
Please contact us via our email address, to access the private forum. We vet each new applicant to ensure the safety of our group, protecting our membership base.
Who to contact
077834 3462301296 486995
Please email to find out how to join our private Facebook forum to access peer to peer support and information exchange.
Where to go
- HP20 2RE
- Geographic Area Covered
- HP20 2RE
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Support Via Telephone Contact or, Facebook group page, (by e mail invitation)
- Time of day
- Session Information
Please refer to private Facebook page and regular ebulletins for event information
Families affected by Autism Spectrum Condition
- Cost Description
GRASPS is self funded, run by volunteers donating their skills sets, free time and knowledge.
- Age Ranges
- All Ages
Our mission is to lend support to anyone affected by autism spectrum condition.
We are a volunteer, grassroots organisation, passionate to understand, empathise and signpost to local agencies, in order that families can seek a clear positive path and be empowered.
GRASPS has secured positive connections with Buckinghamshire Council, Carers Bucks, The Sue Nicholls Centre, Oxford Health, NHS Choices, AVNAS and NAS and the Local Education Authority.
- Contact Name
- GRASPS Buckinghamshire
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
16 to 18
12 to 15
19 to 25
2 to 4
0 to 1
8 to 11
5 to 7
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type
- Universal service (No referral required)
General Local Offer Response
- What needs does your service or activity aim to meet for children and young people with SEND and their families?
Empowering and supporting.
- What outcomes does your service or activity aim to achieve for children and young people with SEND and their families?
To enable them to meet their own needs and improve their emotional and physical well being. We advocate for families helping to break down the barriers that may exist, prohibiting essential support.
- How can children and young people with SEND and their families start to use your service or activity?
Make contact and upon invitation Buckinghamshire residents can join our private, candid forums and access support and understanding.
- How is your service or activity fully accessible to children, young people with SEND and their families, for example, facilities, support from staff?
Total empathy and understanding of each families' unique needs.
- How do you communicate with children, young people with SEND and their families?
In person, by telephone, or by internet.
- What training have your staff and/or volunteers received to support children and young people with SEND and their families?
We are all parent carers to ASD children/adolescents, passionate to reduce social isolation and promote the understanding of the autistic condition amongst wider society.
- Last Updated
This record has a record administrator assigned.