Help on how to search our website to get the most relevant results for you, how to create favourites, add an account or get in contact with us.
The search bar lets you search using any combination of category, keywords, location and more.
- By Keywords - type one or more words to describe what you are looking for (for example, housing)
By Category - use this if you know the type of results you want to find
By Town - use this to find information available near you (for example, Buckingham, Marlow)
- By Age - use this to find results that are appropriate for a particular age group, or for all ages
- By Free, Low Cost of Offers - use this to results that are either free, low cost (under £3), or offer discounts/offers such as early bird bookings
- SEND Needs - use this find results that support specific Special Education Needs and Disabilities
- School Holidays - use this to filter activities or services running during a particular school holiday
You can change the sort order of your search results using the options that are shown in the section just above your results. Depending on the type of search that you have done, your results can appear in any of the following sort orders:
Sorted by relevance (for example, the best match to your search)
Sorted alphabetically (for example, in A to Z order of title with numbers first)
Sorted by distance (only if you have done a full postcode search)
Sorted by user rating (for example, results that have been given the highest rating by other users first)
Typing in a word or a few words into the Keywords box brings you back all entries that contain at least one of the words you have entered. You can also use special characters to limit your results more closely.
The plus sign (+) before a word means that each of the results must contain that word, so the example search below brings back only records results containing both of the words housing and advice, for example:
Using double quotes (") around your search words brings back only results that contain those words as an exact phrase, for example:
Once you have your search results, you may be able to improve them still further by selecting one or more of the search filters which are displayed in lists to the right of your results. These filters allow you to limit results by subject area (such as 'Money Matters'), and by user group (such as 'Carers') and so on.
The more use you make of the filters, the more focused your results will be.
To search for childcare please visit our detailed page which explains how to get the most relevant search results for you.
Our favourites function allows you to save records so you can come back to them later. Favourites are stored under “My Favourites” at the top right of the website and here is where you have the options to print, email, and clear them. How to add records to your favourites:
- Clicking “add to my favourites” beside a record will add that individual record to your favourites
- Clicking the “add all to my favourites” button in the upper, middle part of a search page, will add all records on the first results page to your favourites. Results are displayed in multiples of 10.
Creating an account is free and easy to do. Once you have one, you can add an event, activity, organisation, or service to the website and update it at any time. Create your account using the link below. We have a step-by-step instruction guide to help you create an account. If you do require further help please email us at FISdigital@buckinghamshire.gov.uk
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for all information, advice and support assistance
- Email FISdigital@buckinghamshire.gov.uk target="blank" title="FIS Digital Team Mailbox"> for all questions or queries concerning our website or social media
- Telephone on 01296 382 246 for website and social media assistance