Request support from the Family Support Service

The Family Support Service provides a wide range of support to children, young people and families in Buckinghamshire. It does this through a variety of group and programmes, as well as individual support. Find out more about How to access the Family Support Service for an overview of the different ways support is available.

Individuals can self-refer into the Family Support Service but where possible, they should be encouraged to visit a family centre or get help from a professional they are already working with to complete their request, to ensure they get the right support without delay.

You can complete the online Request for Support Form to ask for:

Group Support and Programmes 

The Family Support Service run a variety of group sessions including:

  • Parenting support
  • Early Years developmental issues
  • Youth work programmes
  • Support for those affected by domestic abuse
  • Healthy lifestyles

> Request Group Support (Request for Support Form)


Individual Support

The Family Support Service can also work with families or young people for a short time to help them with specific challenges because they are:

  • Excluded from school or having difficulties engaging with education
  • Currently or at risk of becoming NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training)
  • Affected by domestic abuse or parental conflict
  • Demonstrating risk-taking behaviour
  • Impacted by the consequences of substance misuse
  • Affected by poor mental health
  • Impacted by poor attachments or relationships within the family
  • Having difficulty parenting in a consistent way
  • Impacted by financial problems and debt
  • Having difficulty maintaining boundaries and expectations within the home
  • Involved with the criminal justice system
  • Young carers

The Family Support Service does not provide whole-family support when a child or young person is open to statutory Children’s Services, but if a specific, time-limited piece of work is required, the allocated worker should complete the separate request form and send it to

> Request Individual Support (Request for Support Form)

Experiencing multiple or complex issues?

If you, your family, or a family you work with are experiencing multiple or complex issues (including those listed above) and would like to request help from a dedicated Family Worker, you should make the request using the multi-agency referral form.

> Complete a MARF (Multi-Agency Referral Form)

If Buckinghamshire Children’s Social Care are already working with you or your family, please speak to your allocated social worker about how to access support from the Family Support Service rather than completing this form.

Need help?

If you would like to speak to us before submitting your request, please call 01296 383 293. 


Related Information

How the Family Support Service uses your information

About the Family Support Service

Local Advice and Support Services

Local Offer for SEND