Service Families with Children with SEN

Services available to support service children and how EHC Plans are transferred from one local authority to another.

Service life can mean frequent moves and with that, changes of schools and colleges. The deployment of parents, carers or siblings, while not being a special educational need (SEN) in itself, it can affect service children and young people in different ways. It can cause anxiety, emotional difficulties and dips in educational performance. If a service child or young person has a special educational need or a disability (SEND), then depending on what kind of provision they receive, this could be transferred too.

Here are the range of services available to support children and families as they move in and out of Buckinghamshire.