What are Interview Panels?
Many organisations are expected to involve young people in decision making when they employ staff, whose job will influence young people in some way. Interview panels give young people the chance to give their perspective on the recruitment process and pick those with qualities that will best represent a young person's needs.
What do they do?
As a panellist you will:
- Have a say in who gets the job
- Decide what questions to ask
- Learn new skills
- Receive training to improve their confidence and ability to take part effectively
- Accreditation for completing the training
- Get paid! (£25 for half a day or £50 for a full day) in vouchers.
Young people’s panels have successfully helped to appoint Service Director for Children and Young People’s portfolio and various Youth work positions.
How do I join?
You will first need to attend a training session in order to take part in interview panels.
For more information, or to find out about training sessions contact us via:
Tel: 01296 382 583