Bucksinspired Traineeship Programme | 20 April to 17 July 2020
Published: 31 January 2020
What is the Bucksinspired traineeship programme?
The Bucksinspired traineeship programme is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Traineeships help unlock your great potential and set you up for your career journey
A partnership between the Family Support Service and Buckinghamshire Adult Learning.
Find out more
If you would like to know more about Bucksinspired traineeships or would like to apply please contact Rachel Le Sauvage (Traineeship Coordinator) on 07890 395 009, or via email email@example.com
Application Deadline: 13 March 2020
Bucksinspired Traineeships include:
- A high quality work experience placement with an employer, to provide real insight and experience into the world of work.
- Employability skills workshops. These are fun, practical sessions lead by our youth work staff.
- English and maths skills support from Buckinghamshire Adult Learning (if you do not have A* to C /9 to 4 grade GCSE).
- Individual support from a youth worker throughout the programme.
- Level 1 qualification in Employability Skills.
When and where?
- 20 April to 17 July 2020 - The first 4 weeks of the traineeship will consist of employability skills workshops, getting you ready for your work experience placement.
The remainder of the traineeship you will continue to get support from the youth work staff for two mornings a week,You will then spend 3 days out on work experience.
- If you need to, you will also spend two afternoons each week taking part in maths and English skills workshops.
- Each day will be 10:30am to 3:30pm. Work experience placement hours will be negotiated with you.
- The venues for employability skills and maths and English are in Aylesbury. The work experience opportunities are across Buckinghamshire.
Am I eligible for a traineeship programme?
- Are you motivated to work?
- Are you currently not in a job?
- Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 24 (post year 11)?
- Are you qualified below level 3 (A levels)
If you answered yes to these then you are eligible.
Will I get paid?
- This traineeship opportunity is not paid. However, you can be supported with expenses such as meals and transport. This experience will better enable you to get paid employment afterwards.
Can I still claim Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)?
- Yes, you can participate in our traineeship for up to 30 hours per week and still claim JSA.
What will my work experience placement involve?
We have a number of employers across Buckinghamshire who are keen to offer work experience placements to the right trainee. We will endeavour to match you with an employer to suit your interests and skills.
- You will attend your placement for 8 weeks for 3 days per week.
- We have all sorts of opportunities so this is an exciting chance to gain practical experience in and area you are interested in.
- You will receive coaching and training from an identified mentor in the business, receiving support and feedback to help you on your journey to your chosen career.
At the end of the placement, you may be offered an interview for a position within the business. However if no apprenticeship or job opportunity exists within the business, the employer will conduct a professional discussion with you and provide a written reference to help you secure an apprenticeship or employment elsewhere.