Volunteering for Young People
Volunteering is a great way of doing something worthwhile, giving back as well as gaining new skills. It also makes you feel super good!
Volunteering can help increase your confidence, build your c.v. and help you gain experience and skills which is great for when you’re applying for jobs or courses.
If you are already a volunteer and want to know how to translate your experience in to CV speak, then download the FREE Gro mobile app.
What ever you are in to, whether you want to care for horses, help your local charity shop, or become a football coach there are hundreds of local volunteering opportunities available.
- Visit the Vinspired website for opportunities for young people
- Volunteer at your local youth group or club
- Get involved with local projects with the Youthspace
Personal Skills such as:
- Communication Skills
- Self Confidence
- Time and Self management
- Taking Responsibility
- Problem Solving
Interpersonal Skills such as:
- Team Work
- Managing relationships
- Active Listening Skills
- Negotiation Skills
Other benefits include:
- Understanding of our world and society
- Preparing for work and financial understanding
- Looks great on CVs and UCAS applications