Social Care (SEND)

Social Care for Children and Families has a team of specialist Social Workers and Occupational Therapists who work with sick and disabled children and their families. They are called the Children with Disabilities Team.

Read about Short Breaks in Buckinghamshire.

Find out about Personal Budgets.

You can find all the information and advice about Social Care for Adults on the Buckinghamshire County Council website. 

The Council for Disabled Children has a number of resources focused on supporting the implementation of the social care aspects of Education, Health and Care Plan assessment and planning.   

The role of the Independent Reviewing Officer in EHC assessments and plans

Identifying the social needs of children and young people with SEND as part of EHC assessment and plans - PDF 

IRO Handbook PDF

The Youth Offending Service (YOS) and the SEN Service have in place a working agreement to fulfil Buckinghamshire County Council’s statutory requirement relating to children and young people known to the YOS who have SEND. Under the 'downloads' section is a guide to how YOS and SEN communicate with respect to young people jointly known to both services. It outlines processes where the young person is either in the community or in custody. It also includes guidance regarding when and how the Youth Offending Service will refer a young person for consideration of an Education Health and Care Plan where one is not already in place.

Young people in Youth Custody: A practice guide | Council For Disabled Children

For more information about the working agreement or services provided please contact the Youth Offending Service on 01296 434624.