30 Hours Funded Childcare

This page provides information on 30 Hours Funded childcare which became available in Buckinghamshire in September 2017. The 30 Hours scheme aims to help families with 3 or 4-year-olds to start back into work or to extend their working pattern. 

All 3 and 4-year-olds are entitled to 15 hours of funded childcare a week. These changes increased the 15 hours to 30 hours per week in total for working families, for each of the 38 academic weeks of the year. Parents can choose to stretch the offer for fewer hours across more weeks (45, 47 or 51 hours). 

The changes were introduced as part of the Childcare Act 2016

Looking for a Provider?

Search our directory - search for a local 30 hours childcare provider 

If you have any questions please contact us via email.

Overview Icon
  1. Check your eligibility at ChildcareChoices.gov.uk

  2. Apply for 30 hours on the Childcare Service Webpage

  3. Enter your details and submit.

  4. If eligible, you will receive a sign up code.

  5. Take your sign up code to your chosen childcare provider as soon as possible so they can verify the code and confirm your childcare place.

  6. The Termly Deadlines to verify your code are:

    • 31 August (for a September take up)
    • 31 December (for a January take up)
    • 31 March (for an April take up) 

 You must re-confirm your eligibility every three months.

  • Make sure you give your code to your chosen provider to confirm your childcare place.

  • Reconfirm your eligibility every three months by logging into your Childcare Service account.

  • If you are having trouble accessing the Childcare Services website and you are using an older internet browser such as Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers

  • If you haven’t already found a provider, search for those offering 30 hours on our website.